If you follow me on social media, you may already know that Justin and I are having a BOY! We are so excited and can’t wait to welcome Maverick John McCoog in to the world in September.
We actually found out that we were having a boy at my last appointment before we left for Utah. I was only 14 weeks and 3 days and since that is typically super early, we wanted to wait to announce it to the world. But we were so excited that we had to share with our families. Once we arrived in Utah and met with our new doctor (at 17 weeks), we were able to confirm- he is definitely a boy.
I have heard some of the most beautiful things about the relationship between a mother and her son, and I can’t wait to experience that magical connection. I am almost halfway through and can’t wait to kiss little face.
How early were you when you found out the gender of your baby? Did you have a name picked out early?
This post is a bit overdue (since I am now 18 weeks) but with moving and everything I didn’t get a chance to sit down and write this up!
Here were my must haves for my first trimester:
- What To Expect While You’re Expecting: The classic, tried and true pregnancy bible. I have been reading week by week and have loved reading what to expect (LOL) each week. It was my first purchase when I found out I was pregnant.
- Hello Baby Podcast: Angela and Matt Lanter started this podcast when they got pregnant with their first baby. They go over each week of Angela’s pregnancy and I love listening to each corresponding week that I am going through.
- Half Caffeinated Coffee: I am a coffee lover. I was a 3 cup a day kind of girl and honestly cutting down on my caffeine intake was really hard. Not only was I exhausted from being pregnant, but now I also couldn’t drink coffee like I used to! But half cafe was a great way to transition and I think I have reached a point where I don’t NEED coffee anymore. Half cafe helps me get a little boost still but keeps my caffeine intake low!
- Fit Pregnancy Guide: Brianna Traynor is a YouTuber and fitness trainer that I have been following for years. Last year she had her first baby! She created a fitness guide to follow throughout your pregnancy and I have been loving it. I have always been a pretty active person and I have always wanted to keep that up through my pregnancy. Her guide really helps!
- Water: DRINK LOTS OF WATER!
- Oatmeal: This has been one of my favorite breakfasts since becoming pregnant! It is full of fiber which is important while you’re pregnant, trust me. I like to add a banana, fresh berries and peanut butter to mine!
- Pregnancy Apps: What To Expect and Ovia are my two favorites! I love that in the Ovia app you can change the theme and you can see what size you baby is as a weird but cute animal!
While these are things that helped me through my first trimester- I am still utilizing all of them currently in my second!
I have linked the products to help make things easier for you!
My first trimester was surprisingly and THANKFULLY.. okay! I was one of the lucky ones who didn’t get morning sickness (#BLESSED.) I can’t thank my Mother enough for her genetics. She had three kids and didn’t have morning sickness with any of us!
My biggest and most frustrating symptom has been exhaustion. Any time that I sat still for too long I would start snoozing away. I have never been much of a napper- but since I got pregnant, naps have become a regular things for me. But I am slowly feeling more energized. I can even stay up passed 9pm!
One symptom that just came on for me, is food aversions. Growing up, I was never a fan of eggs but ever since college I started to eat them and enjoy them again. I would eat eggs a few times a week and they were GREAT. The other morning, I decided to scramble up some eggs.. only to be completely repulsed the second I put that first forkful into my mouth. It was such a strange feeling because it happened so suddenly. From now on, I will be steering clear.
All in all, I can happily say- I made it out of my first trimester! I am excited for the months to come and am interested to feel and see the changes in my body.
What I miss:
- Fully caffeinated coffee! Since I found out I was pregnant I decided to switch over to half cafe.. which if you know me and my love for coffee was a big struggle.
- Being able to eat everything and not have to think too much about it. I am constantly googling, “can pregnant women have…” It’s annoying- but as a first time mama, I want to (try to) do everything right(ish)!
What I am most excited for:
- My bump beginning to show more!
- Finding out the gender.
- And being with Justin throughout the rest of this baby adventure!
Keep an eye out for my current pregnancy favorites!
I am so excited to announce that Justin and I are expecting! We made the announcement to the world on Saturday and I am so excited to finally scream it from the rooftops! It has been my DREAM for to be a mom one day and I am so excited to start this journey.
I have received a ton of awesome questions since announcing so I though I would share some that have been frequently asked:
How far along are you? I am currently 12 weeks and finally on my way out of the first trimester!
Will you find out the gender? YES! Justin and I both agree that we would never be able to wait that long to find out and we want to prepare!
How have you been feeling? Mostly exhausted- I will be making a separate post focused on my entire first trimester soon.
Are you showing yet? Sort of.. it’s hard to explain! It kind of comes and goes? But the bump is on it’s way- thats for sure!
Has it been hard with Justin away? It definitely is, but our separation will end soon! I am really grateful that my Mom has attended a few appointments with me. I am really excited to go to the next ones with Justin!
Do you want to know anything else? Let me know! I am excited to document and share this journey.