This post is a bit overdue (since I am now 18 weeks) but with moving and everything I didn’t get a chance to sit down and write this up!
Here were my must haves for my first trimester:
- What To Expect While You’re Expecting: The classic, tried and true pregnancy bible. I have been reading week by week and have loved reading what to expect (LOL) each week. It was my first purchase when I found out I was pregnant.
- Hello Baby Podcast: Angela and Matt Lanter started this podcast when they got pregnant with their first baby. They go over each week of Angela’s pregnancy and I love listening to each corresponding week that I am going through.
- Half Caffeinated Coffee: I am a coffee lover. I was a 3 cup a day kind of girl and honestly cutting down on my caffeine intake was really hard. Not only was I exhausted from being pregnant, but now I also couldn’t drink coffee like I used to! But half cafe was a great way to transition and I think I have reached a point where I don’t NEED coffee anymore. Half cafe helps me get a little boost still but keeps my caffeine intake low!
- Fit Pregnancy Guide: Brianna Traynor is a YouTuber and fitness trainer that I have been following for years. Last year she had her first baby! She created a fitness guide to follow throughout your pregnancy and I have been loving it. I have always been a pretty active person and I have always wanted to keep that up through my pregnancy. Her guide really helps!
- Water: DRINK LOTS OF WATER!
- Oatmeal: This has been one of my favorite breakfasts since becoming pregnant! It is full of fiber which is important while you’re pregnant, trust me. I like to add a banana, fresh berries and peanut butter to mine!
- Pregnancy Apps: What To Expect and Ovia are my two favorites! I love that in the Ovia app you can change the theme and you can see what size you baby is as a weird but cute animal!
While these are things that helped me through my first trimester- I am still utilizing all of them currently in my second!
I have linked the products to help make things easier for you!
We did it! We finally made our 2,000 mile, 8 state, 4 day trip across the country to our first duty station in Utah! We vlogged most of our trip and wanted to share them here as well as on our YouTube Channel.
We are so excited to finally be here- now comes the fun part of finding a place to live. House hunting is always a pain but we are excited to finally get settled and explore more of the area. Plus I can’t wait to be out of hotels and have our things back!
Have you ever moved far from home? What is the best piece of advice you have for getting acclimated to a new area?
I will be posting more videos and updates as we get settled! Thank you for following our journey and being apart of the McCoog Squadron.
I am so excited to announce that Justin and I are expecting! We made the announcement to the world on Saturday and I am so excited to finally scream it from the rooftops! It has been my DREAM for to be a mom one day and I am so excited to start this journey.
I have received a ton of awesome questions since announcing so I though I would share some that have been frequently asked:
How far along are you? I am currently 12 weeks and finally on my way out of the first trimester!
Will you find out the gender? YES! Justin and I both agree that we would never be able to wait that long to find out and we want to prepare!
How have you been feeling? Mostly exhausted- I will be making a separate post focused on my entire first trimester soon.
Are you showing yet? Sort of.. it’s hard to explain! It kind of comes and goes? But the bump is on it’s way- thats for sure!
Has it been hard with Justin away? It definitely is, but our separation will end soon! I am really grateful that my Mom has attended a few appointments with me. I am really excited to go to the next ones with Justin!
Do you want to know anything else? Let me know! I am excited to document and share this journey.
On June 16, 2017, Justin and I officially got married/eloped in a small private ceremony in my grandparents back yard. It was absolutely magical and a day I will never forget. We also planned from the beginning to have a larger wedding with our family and friends later in the year after Justin was finished with training. I wanted to make planning our wedding a big focus for me while he was away.
On July 3, Justin shipped off to Air Force basic training in Texas. We spent the next 8 weeks with VERY minimal communication (I am talking like 3 phone calls and a whole bunch of letters.) So as a way to distract myself, I started researching local wedding venues and began the whole planning process. As I mentioned in my last post, when he joined we were told that his training after BMT was going to be a month long (this is where the stress comes in) so we figured that a wedding in October or November would be perfect. After visiting a few local venues, I found the perfect one- WITH A LATE OCTOBER DATE OPEN! So we put down a deposit and I continued to plan.
When I went down to see Justin graduate from basic training, I shared all of the fun news. While he was excited, he was nervous. He had been given the dates of his training schedule and it was going to be awfully close to the wedding. If there were any delays at all, he might not make it home in time. But we decided not to worry and relax until we knew more.
Well, fast forward to Justin at tech school.. were we ran into another bump in the road.. orders. Basically, you can’t do anything without them in hand. Justin had them, but they weren’t right.. twice. So more waiting (story of my life.) It was up until the week before our wedding that I still didn’t know if Justin would even be in the same time zone as me. I was SWEATING. Then he called me with the AMAZING news that he would be coming home with two days to spare before the big day!
We had the most magical day and were blessed to be surrounded by so much love! Even though the stress prior to the wedding was a bit extreme at times, I wouldn’t change a thing because it resulted in a day that we will never forget.
Until next time,
Hello! My name is Susan, and welcome to the McCoog Squadron! My husband, Justin and I created a YouTube channel in 2017 to document our journey as he joined the United States Air Force. While will be continuing to make content for YouTube, I wanted to get back into blogging and create even more content to share! I want to make this a lifestyle blog, sharing not only our journey through military life, but also all of the unique things that make us happy! I am a star wars loving, comic book reading, Disney obsessed, nerd who likes to spread a little magic where ever I go!
2018 is going to be a VERY big year for us. We are moving across the country in just a few months and will finally be living together again! Stay tuned for information on our PCS journey, nerdy home decor and see how we get acclimated to life in a new city!
So sit back, relax and enjoy the ride! This is where the fun begins!